|AIPP is coming to a city near you! - Posted:Tuesday, April 12, 2016 |
AIPP Regional Training: Skin Management System and TB Administration Certification
Thursday, April 21: Walnut Ridge
Monday, May 2: Monticello
Thursday, May 5: Bentonville
Tuesday, May 10: Hot Springs
Thursday, May 12: Forrest City
- Review of F314 and explanation of regulations
- Review the structure and components of an effective skin management system
- Provide certification for tuberculosis testing to licensed practical and registered nurses
- Upon completion, the participants will be certified to administer and read tuberculin skin tests
|The Eden Alternative® Follow-up Webinar: Optimizing Medication Systems & Usage in Arkansas, 4/21 @1p - Posted:Thursday, April 7, 2016 |
Did your organization participate in the Eden Alternative grant project, “Optimizing Medication Systems and Usage in Arkansas Nursing Homes” last Fall? If so…
As a participant in this grant project, your last step is to come together with other participants to share best practices on April 21, 2016. This time, though, we’ll come together via a 90-minute webinar at 1pm CT. It is expected that a representative(s) from every participating team registers for this free online event. Only 3 teams have registered so far. Please register here.
At least ten organizations are asked to share their successes. We will lock in the first ten organizations we hear from. Please email Laura Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish your organization to share what steps you’ve taken to successfully reduce unnecessary medications and optimize medication systems since the 1-day workshop.
This is a chance to show other nursing homes, ombudsmen, and state surveyors that medication use can be successfully reduced (especially antipsychotics) and that life gets better for both the Elders and their care partners. We want to help you shine!
To do this:
- You need to register TODAY to attend the webinar!
- Volunteer to speak during the webinar; 5 to 10 minutes tops. This is a chance to share what steps you’ve taken based on what you learned at the one-day workshop with us, both the successes and the challenges. This is your opportunity to be the inspiration that improves the lives of Elders all across your state!
|The Eden Alternative® International Conference is coming to Little Rock, May 3-5, 2016! - Posted:Wednesday, March 16, 2016 |
Thanks to the Arkansas Department of Human Services,
you can benefit from reduced or even FREE conference registration.
Space is limited so don't delay!
Click here for more information
|SAVE THE DATE: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8, 2016 - Posted:Friday, February 26, 2016 |
Champions for Change
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Jacksonville Community Center
5 Municipal Drive
• Culture Change Gallery of Champions, featuring Arkansas Culture Change home successes
• Featured speaker: Angela Norman, DNP
• Special guest: Drums Alive
CE credit to be provided.